1 commodities offered for sale; "good business depends on having good merchandise"; "that store offers a variety of products" [syn: merchandise, wares]
2 an artifact that has been created by someone or some process; "they improve their product every year"; "they export most of their agricultural production" [syn: production]
3 a consequence of someone's efforts or of a particular set of circumstances; "skill is the product of hours of practice"; "his reaction was the product of hunger and fatigue"
4 a chemical substance formed as a result of a chemical reaction; "a product of lime and nitric acid"
5 a quantity obtained by multiplication; "the product of 2 and 3 is 6" [syn: mathematical product]
6 the set of elements common to two or more sets; "the set of red hats is the intersection of the set of hats and the set of red things" [syn: intersection, cartesian product]
- A commodity
offered for sale.
- That store offers a variety of products.
- The amount of an artifact that has been created by someone or
- They improve their product every year; they export most of their agricultural production.
- A consequence of someone's efforts or of a particular set of
- Skill is the product of hours of practice; His reaction was the product of hunger and fatigue.
- A chemical substance formed as a result of a chemical reaction.
- This is a product of lime and nitric acid.
- A quantity obtained by multiplication.
- The product of 2 and 3 is 6.
- The set of elements common to two or more sets.
- The set of red hats is the product of the set of hats and the set of red things.
- Any tangible output or service that is a result of a process
and that is intended for delivery to a customer or end user.
- A product is a work product that is delivered to the customer. [CMMI®]
- The outcome or 'thingness' of an activity, especially in
contrast to a process by
which the product was created or altered.
- This product of last month's quality standards committee is quite good, even though the process was flawed.
commodity for sale
amount created by a process
consequence of efforts
result of chemical reaction
any tangible output
Product may mean:
- Product (biology), something manufactured by an organelle
- Product (business), an item that ideally satisfies a market's want or need
- Product (chemistry), a substance found at the end of a chemical reaction
- Product (mathematics), the result of multiplying
- Product (category theory), a more abstract product
- Product (album), a musical recording by Norwegian group De Press
product in Danish: Produkt
product in German: Produkt
product in Spanish: Producto
product in French: Produit
product in Interlingua (International Auxiliary Language Association): Producto (disambiguation)
product in Italian: Prodotto
product in Dutch: Product
product in Norwegian: Produkt
product in Polish: Produkt
product in Portuguese: Produto
product in Romanian: Produs (dezambiguizare)
product in Simple English: Product
product in Slovak: Produkt
product in Thai: ผลิตภัณฑ์
product in Ukrainian: Продукт
account, aftermath, aggregate, amount, article, article of commerce, article of merchandise, bearing, box score, bumper crop, by-product, cast, commodity, consequence, consequent, corollary, count, crop, derivation, derivative, development, difference, distillate, drug, effect, event, eventuality, eventuation, fallout, feature, fruit, goods, handiwork, harvest, issue, item, lead item, leader, legacy, logical outcome, loss leader, make, merchandise, number, offering, offshoot, offspring, outcome, outgrowth, output, precipitate, proceeds, produce, production, quantity, reckoning, result, resultant, score, second crop, seconds, sequel, sequela, sequence, sequent, special, spin-off, standard article, staple, staple item, sum, summation, tale, tally, the bottom line, the story, the whole story, total, turnout, upshot, vendible, vintage, ware, whole, work, x number, yield